spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Spy Game by J. D. Holiday


This is a wonderful book on the theme of friendship.  Eddie wants a dog.  He has expectations of his dream dog and what he will teach it and the things they will do together as they grow up together.   He ends up getting one but not exactly the one he wants; however, in the end they become the best of friends.  Friendship and loyalty ring out through out the pages of this book.  This is my first book I've read by this author/illustrator.  The theme of friendship and loyalty are wonderful subjects for kids to learn however, I can't say I was over thrilled with the writing of the story.  The illustrations didn't seem too eye appealing to me as an adult.  The dog seems to have a mean vicious look about it. I may have to check and see if I can get another other this author's books to view at the public library to see if they all seem this way. I'm ok with giving second chances. 

If you'd like to look inside the book before buy and judge for yourself you may visit Amazon here and take a peak. 


A copy of this book was provided in exchange of my honest review by A World of Ink Network.

books

2 comments:

JD Holiday said...

Thank you for reviewing my book. I do appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
JD Holiday

www.thebookgarden.net

VS Grenier said...

Thank you for honest thoughts for this review. I know I didn't care for the illustration of David Shannon's picture book "David" series because I thought the little boy looked more like a monster and scary than kid-friendly.