spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday ~ Let Them Eat Cake


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  


She couldn't hurt my job, but I needed to win her over if I was going to lobby for the manager's position.

~taken from Byrd, Sandra Let Them Eat Cake: A Novel (French Twist) (p. 80). Quaystrokes. Kindle Edition.





Catbert avoided catching my eye—never a good sign. He prowled the aisles all day but didn't stop to say hello or ask about my plans for the weekend.


books

6 comments:

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Interesting teasers. http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/01/tuesday-teasers-mighty-inspiration-and.html

Harvee said...

The first tease reminds me of when I worked in an office. I'd keep reading. Enjoy!

Here's mine: Dearest Rose

JoAnn said...

This sounds like a fun read... enjoy!

Sim Carter said...

Hmmm. From the title and the image on the cover I'm guessing this has something to do with a bakery in Seattle???? Not sure about the teaser but I'll probably give the Free Sample on my Nook a look.:)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Not sure about that intro, I'd have to read a bot more. Thanks for joining in - I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I like this one - language seems sharp and possibly going to be funny.