spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday ~ A Wild Goose Chase Christmas


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


"I can't believe they would do something like that."  Izzy paced back and forth across the short length of her room, berating herself for what had just happened.  In all actuality, she should have expected it.  

~taken from p. 93 of  A Wild Goose Chase Christmas by Jennifer AlLee.




Izzy Fontaine was up to her elbows in family photos when the doorbell rang.  the sound echoed, joined by two sharp barks and the clicking of nails on the hardwood floor as Bogie rounded the corner, bounded across the room, and slid to a stop in front of the door.  The Jack Russell terrier did the same thing anytime someone rang the bell.  And every time the door opened and he saw it wasn't his owner, he slunk out of the room with his head down. 


books

6 comments:

Trish said...

wow! interesting!

Trish - My Teaser

Nise' said...

Poor doggy, I hope his owner comes home.

Alice Audrey said...

Expected what? Interesting teaser. Please check out my teaser.

Anonymous said...

What did they do, I wonder. Great teasers! Definitely got me interested. :)

Here is my TT!

~Stephanie @ Bookfever

Margot said...

Ohh, poor dog. Where's his owner? The opening paragraph made me curious. I'd keep reading to learn a bit more.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'm curious for a bit more; enjoy.

Like your Christmas Blog header.