spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Friday, July 8, 2011

Live Full Blast, Full Out by PeggySue Wells

Live Full Blast, Full Out
By PeggySue Wells


Ready to move your life forward? Want to make a positive change by noon? Here is a step that guarantees positive results.

Stop blaming.

Certainly there are things on our life script we would not have put there. And blame is a mechanism to discharge pain and discomfort. However, whether I blamed my husband, parents, boss, or myself, blame kept me cemented in the same spot. Stuck.

Blame cripples only one person. Me. Freedom comes when I acknowledge people made choices. I made choices. Some choices made a Grand Canyon–sized impact on my life.

A friend that allows me to vent, is a gift. But camping there, the pain becomes my identity.

It happened.

So what?

Now what?

Checkpoint: Do you regularly offer excuses? If you show up late at a place and waste further time by blaming your lateness on the kids, the dog, or the traffic, you are playing the blame game. You are blaming someone or something for your situation.

The only person who believes your excuse is you. When you are late, it is apparent that you did not plan your time to arrive at least 15 minutes early in case you were delayed by life.

In the military, fifteen minutes early is on time. On time is late. Soldiers quickly learn that there are only four acceptable responses—yes, sir; no, sir; I don’t understand, sir; and no excuse, sir.

When I dropped making excuses, my days and relationships streamlined. Free from cumbersome excuses, my conversations improved. People are attracted to those who fully live life without excuses. That’s living full blast, full out.

- PeggySue Wells is a speaker and the author of a dozen books including Rediscovering Your Happily Ever After. Contact her at www.PeggySueWells.com.







books

No comments: