spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Friday, November 26, 2010

FIR Question #9



This year Katrina who hosts the Fall into Reading challenge is posting a weekly question for us to meme on. I'm a little late again posting the question and my response, but non-the-less here is this week's question:

Once you begin a book, do you feel compelled to finish it? Or have you been known to give up in the middle of a book, to walk away from a book that is just too annoying, boring, etc.?

I guess that just depends on my mood, if the book holds my attention.  If I'm reading it for review or just for pleasure and last but utmost if there is bad language in the book.  If there is lots of bad words it turns me off really quick most books that I don't finish are for that reason.  For the most part I try to finish a book if I start it, but if the language offends me I'll close it.  I know of few books that I wouldn't even donate to the library because of the language sorry to say they went in the trash can, as far as I was concerned that was the best place for them.  I know there are some that say that is narrow minded, but that's just the way I feel.  I'm a Christian and don't want that filth in my mind or before my eyes and I don't want to feed it to others.  What goes in comes out in one form or another.  I love the children's song titled Input/Output it is oh so true. 


How about you? Do you always finish what you start when it comes to reading? Or have you decided that life’s too short to read books you don’t love?

books

No comments: