spring_greetings photo springgreetings.gif

Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun Interview with Michelle Griep


Well this interview is going to wrap up our week with Michelle. It has been a pleasure having her visit the site. If you missed any day this week just scroll down or look in the side bar archives I've had guest articles and interviews and all with Michelle all week. Or click here to go to Monday's article and a schedule of articles with links.

Michelle, what fiction character you would most like to be or most identify with and why?
I always wanted to be Lt. Uhura on Star Trek because her uniform is pretty sweet, she gets to wear a funky ear piece, and she never had a bad hair day in her life.

My family is a Star Treky fan too. Have watched many a series. If you could ask any person, living or dead, a random question -- what question would you ask of whom?
I’d ask Mr. Rogers about the whole sweater and sneaker attire…was that really your idea or your mother’s?

Good question. Guess we'll never know the secret went to his grave. What crayon in the box describes you on a good day? Bad day? Which one do you aspire to be?
I’m a marker girl myself, so I’m not really up on crayon colors.

I always loved coloring when my girls were little. Markers always bled through and ruined the other page and sometimes pages. If you were assured of writing a best-seller, what genre would it be? Give us a sliver of information, a characteristic or glimpse of a scene.
Time travel – I love to throw myself into history, and of course I’m always the heroine. Naturally there’d be an unbelievably muscular hero who’s a warrior with a big heart that’s completely devoted to the heroine. And sorry, Fabio would NOT be on the cover.

Time travel is pretty cool. I love history novels. What period of history intrigues you the most?
Medieval

Your Medieval was one of my first. It was really good. I'm glad I was able to review it. How does something worm its way into your heart? Through tears, truth, humor or other?
Time – I’m a slow learner.

I have to do things more than once to get it so guess I'm a slow learner too. What book, music, person, food you would take with you on a very long trip.
Book: Bible; Person: Jesus; Music: Third Day; Food: Chocolate

Isn't chocolate a must in everyone's food diet. Where would you most like to travel ----- moon, north pole, deep seas, deserted island, the holy land or back to a place from your childhood, somewhere else? – and why.
England. I’m an Anglophile at heart.

I'd love to go to England or Ireland. Castles intrigue me. Which is your favorite season and why?
Autumn because of the amazing colors and the fact that hot chocolate is once again in season.

I love autumn for its color show too. I think God likes colors too. It was He who created them. What is your favorite book setting and why?
Jane Eyre when she’s walking the misty moor and Rochester appears on a rearing horse. That’s how God most often works in my life. I’m usually walking around in a daze and bam! He appears.

Sometimes it takes that to get our attention. Which compliment related to your writing has meant the most and why?
Actually, I try hard to ignore compliments and criticism (mean-spirited, anyway) because I don’t want to get a big head, nor do I want to have my heart pierced.

You have to have broad shoulders and tough skin. What would you do today if you knew you had only a week to live?
Eat lots of chocolate, drink lots of coffee, and tell lots of people about Jesus. Wait a minute…I do that anyway.

Why of course. What is your favorite word?
Pinworms

Ok. What word annoys you more than any other?
Can’t

Good word. Superhero you most admire and why?
Underdog. What’s not to love about a pup in a cape?

Now I haven't heard of him in sometime. What super power you'd love to borrow for awhile?
Invisibility

Oh, yes, that would be fun to be invisible. do you have a favorite chore?
Cooking

I'd rather stay out of the kitchen, but I can't. opps I wasn't suppose to say can't. Is there anything you'd do but don't because of fear of pain? What is it? Ex. Bungee jumping, sky diving, running with scissors.
Stiletto Heels

I'd have a hard time with them too. Do you have a grammatical pet peeve?
Just say no to sentence diagramming.

Now, I've enjoyed learning to diagram sentences with my girls. I home school my two girls too as your bio said you've homeschooled four kids. Actually, my oldest graduates in May. I want to thank you Michelle for all that you've supplied me with to put on my blog this week. I hope my readers have learned who you are and will want to go out and get your book. Thanks for the interview. Find out more about Michelle with link below.

Who is Michelle? Learn more here.



books

2 comments:

Michelle Griep said...

Wow, I sure wish that first picture was really me!

apple blossom said...

No comment. Yah, well what can I say? I debated putting it on there. Have a wonderful weekend. Abi